Momentive Silmate RTV1473 silicone rubber is a black, one-component, ready-to use sealant designed for formed-in-place gasketing applications where good oil resistance is a design consideration. RTV1473 silicone rubber has a paste-like consistency when initially dispensed and cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature to form an elastomeric, resilient silicone rubber gasket.
KEY PERFORMANCE PROPERTIES:
• One-component product
• Thixotrophic paste consistency
• Capability to cure at room temperature and ambient humidity conditions
• Primerless adhesion to many substrates
• Retains elastomeric properties for long periods at temperatures up to 204C and for short periods up to 260C
• Low temperature flexibility
• High quality weatherability and ozone and oil resistance
• Conforms to surface voids and irregularities to form a positive seal in mated surfaces
• Flow characteristics allow rapid dispensing with automated equipment.
- Can be used for gasketing applications in automobile appliactions where good oil resistance is a design consideration.
For more information on RTV1473, please refer to the Technical datasheet.