Momentive RTV627 silicone rubber compound is a two-component room temperature vulcanizing Momentive Performance Materials rubber compound for potting and encapsulation, particularly where flammability is of concern. This product is supplied with curing agent in matched kits which are designed for use at a convenient 1:1 ratio by weight or volume.
RTV627 silicone rubber compound is dark gray in color and has an easily pourable viscosity of about 1300 cps.
RTV627 silicone rubber compound is recommended for evaluation in applications such as a production line potting compound to provide protection of electronic components and assemblies against thermal shock, vibration, moisture, ozone, dust, chemicals, and other environmental hazards. Other applications include encapsulation of high voltage transformers, voltage regulators, power converters and complete power supplies.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Convenient 1:1 mix ratio by weight or volume for use in automatic dispensing or hand operations
- Chemical composition contains no solvents for ease of use on production lines
- Low viscosity allows easy flow in and around complex parts
- Cure rate can be accelerated by heat
- Will cure in deep sections or enclosed assemblies without exotherm and with low shrinkage
- Reversion resistant and hydrolytically stable
- Recognized by Underwriters Laboratories with a flammability classification of UL94V-0 in a sample thickness of 3.2 mm (0.125 in.)
- Retention of elastomeric properties at temperatures up to 204°C (400°F)
For more details regarding RTV627, please refer to the Technical datasheet.